Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Something Different

 



I’ve told you how I see a story, I’ve told you how I build a story, I’ve told you how I tell a story. Then we took a few journeys into my personal stories. Some hit some missed. Now something different. A weekly story you are able to watch unfold. Upfront this story is not a reflection of true events nor real people. Enjoy -MH 


  On this late night I’m sitting in this car waiting. This is a street I’ve only been down a hand full of time before. The rain has stopped but everything is still damp, my windows are slightly fogged as I look out. It’s one of those streets that a big city uses to feel more small town. The street bleeds into grass held in by a small curb. The side walk is just big enough for two people, if they like each other. 

A woman in a soft looking white long coat comes into view. She looks like something out of one of those rom-com movies too, with the street light setting her a glow against the wet concrete. She disappears every few steps behind the annoyingly evenly planted trees. 

Oh I know her, that’s that girl I met at Brit’s party. What was her name? Am I staring? I bet this dude alone in a running car on a street like this looks super sketchy. I reach up and flip on my dash light for the driving company I work for. 


  Walking home always sucks, knowing I’m this close always gives me that last little boost to make it. God why did I wear these shoes? Really why did I buy these shoes?

Looking down at my still almost white flats that totally should never be worn in the rain but stupid me didn’t look at the weather. 

When I get home I hope Brit and Jacob are upstairs in her room so I can just go down to mine and not deal with them tonight. No worries, no drama, no bra. 

A smile distorts my face. Who’s car is that? Oh shit there’s a guy in there.. creeper. Did he just flip that light on so I didn’t think he was creepy, wait am I the creepy one now? Janice, stop just keep walking he probably didn’t see you anyway. 

   My fare almost rips my door handle off. I click the lock to let them in. My night of driving around semi drunk very loud people. The things I do to fill my sleepless nights with. Hopefully this one tips and not in vomit. 
Pulling away from the curb I forgot how wet the street was, my tires break traction and spin.

  I watch as that pickup driver leaves to make sure that creeper didn’t see where I lived. His squealing tires as he leaves put the fucking Cherry on top, “Someone’s cool aren’t they?” I look on in worry for the person he just probably kidnapped...




1 comment:

Homes Room one year later With Sea Mo